Sunday 16 May 2010

9 weeks to go - it's nippy in Dover

I can't believe that the number of weeks until my tide is now in single figures. The last two weeks have involved two weekends training in Dover. Last weekend the water was a balmy 9.5 degrees C and I don't think it was much warmer this weekend.




Last weekend (8th and 9th May 2010) the weather was overcast and I did 2 one hour swims on the Saturday and a one hour and a one hour 20 minute swim on the Sunday.




This weekend (15th and 16th May 2010) the weather was sunny with blue skies and I did 4 swims of approx 1hour 20 mins each. I also stayed down for the weekend which is so much nicer than having to get up early and make the drive from London each morning. Andrea, my girlfriend, came down to watch - she found it amusing watching me trying to drink tea after my swim with the shivers as I managed to pour most of the tea over myself. Also check out the picture of me coming out of the water - what a face! - I look like a hillbilly - all you need is duelling banjos playing in the background.


Next week we will only be doing one swim per day, which has the advantage that you don't have to try getting warm before you go in again but the disadvantage that the one swim will be a longer one.

No comments:

Post a Comment