Sunday 25 April 2010

12 weeks to go - qualifying swim still outstanding

It was off, on and then off again. The trip to Gozo never happened. Unfortunately, by the time flights were going again it was too late for my planned trip with Swimtrek and so my 6 hour qualifying swim is still outstanding. I managed a 3 hour swim in the pool this week covering 10k which was my longest pool swim to date, but it still is a long way from the 6 hour I was supposed to do. Never mind, Dover training starts next weekend and I am sure that I will be soon doing many 6 hour swims there.

And, one footnote. They say that you only know how good insurance is when it comes time to use it. Well, at the moment the travel insurance I took out isn't worth the paper it is written on - as the company don't want to pay out for the money I have lost through the cancelled flights. I am going to submit a written claim to give them a final chance to do the right thing. If I have no success with that I will happily reveal their names here so no one else has to make a similar poor choice in insurance provider. Well it's now the 2nd May and I've had no success with the insurance company and I can happily NEVER recommend ENDSLEIGH travel insurance to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment