Tuesday 8 June 2010

6 weeks to go - A trip to Cornwall and beautiful weather

This week I drove down to Cornwall after my swim in Dover on the Sunday (30 May 2010). Me and my girlfriend Andrea left at around 2.30pm and arrived in Cornwall at 9.30pm. We did stop for an hour at Pizza Hut, so not a bad journey.






We were staying with my parents in St Agnes and the weather was fantastic. You cannot beat Cornwall for a holiday when the weather is good. I did three sea swims during the week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. All the swims were at Trevaunance Cove. The scenery was beautiful, the water was turquoise - what a difference to Dover harbour. I swam for 2 hours Tuesday and Thursday and 30mins on Wednesday, because the beach was closed due to misty conditions. On the Thursday my Dad asked me if I had seen the seal that had been swimming with me. I hadn't seen a thing. Apparently it was as if I had it on a string. It followed me for about 5 or 6 laps, keeping the same distance from me and turning when I turned. I wish I had seen it, or had a picture but unfortunately I have no evidence.



We left Cornwall on Friday afternoon and then on Saturday, I drove back to Dover for some more harbour training. Saturday was a 4 hour swim in beautiful conditions (Sunny/Hot) while Sunday was a 4.5 hour swim under gloomy skies. All in all it has been a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment