Monday 28 June 2010

Sunny and hot and 3 weeks to go


First, let me explain the picture. I finished my contract at John Lewis last week and they bought me a few things to help me with my channel attempt; a pair of speedos, a nose clip and a pair of killer shark armbands. This was me, in my garden, mentally preparing for the swim.


This week has been another big swimming week. In Dover there are a number of volunteers, who give their time free of charge every year, each weekend from May to September, to help people achieve their dream of swimming the English Channel. These volunteers are led by Freda, a fantastic lady who has been doing this for ever. Ably helped by Barry, Irene, Louise, Michelle and Emma - to name but a few. This weekend Freda told us that we were to swim for 7 hours (So I got in the water at 09.00 and left at 16.00. Then on Sunday she gave us a 6 hour swim. My biggest concern was the fact that the sun was out in full force this weekend and I am a pasty ginger - but fortunately I have escaped with just a red neck and shoulders and they are not too burnt.
3 weeks to go - wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment