Friday 18 June 2010

First week over 40km - 5 weeks to go















Last week (w/e 13 June 2010), I swam over 40km for the week and managed two 5 hour swims in Dover harbour; one on Saturday and the other on Sunday. The sun was out in force on the Saturday and with my pasty complexion I have been trying various sun tan lotions and other things to avoid turning into a lobster. This is a real worry for me - as on the day if it's really sunny I won't have time to stop and reapply sun tan lotion. I had read an e-mail from a channel swimmer who recommended Sudocrem (the stuff for babies bums). This person said they had worn it on their channel swim and it was still there when they got out. I must be using it wrong because it was long gone after 2 hours swimming. However - it gave the people on the beach a chuckle - see if you can spot me in the pictures (I am the one that looks like Casper).

No comments:

Post a Comment