Monday 21 June 2010

Champion of Champions 2010 and 6 hour qualifying swim - 4 weeks to go

This weekend (19th and 20th June 2010) I took part in the Champion of Champions, a race organised by the BLDSA in Dover harbour. To complete the Champion of Champions you have to complete 3 races over the course of the day; a 5 mile race, a 3 mile race and a 1 mile race. I completed the 3 races in just over 5 hours. The conditions around one section of the course felt a little bit like being in a washing machine, but it's all good practice for the Channel. I was actually slower this year than last year and came 10th in the Men's competition (Last year I was 9th). Don, my mate who is also swimming the Channel this year, came 6th and absolutely destroyed his time from last year.


Got a text on Saturday night from Scooba Steve, the Aussie guy that trains in Dover harbour with us to say that he had completed his 6 hour qualifying swim. This is a fantastic result as he had been having some concerns about the cold - not anymore though.

On Sunday, I did my 6 hour qualifying swim in Dover harbour. Only 4 weeks until my tide now. Just need to get a few more longer swims in over the next few weekends. 6 hours will be the minimum from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment