Monday 12 July 2010

1 week until my tide - and an easy weekend in Dover



Last week I wasn't sure at what point you started easing off before the big swim. I got my answer this weekend. While the swimmers who are swimming in August got to do another 7 and 6 hour swim, I was given a 5 hour on Saturday and a 4 hour on Sunday. It felt like cheating when I got out earlier than the other swimmers on Saturday and Sunday but I am feeling pretty tired and I want to be starting my channel attempt feeling fresh - so no complaints from me. I even got to take a picture of Don feeding - after I got out on the Sunday

My tide starts 1 week from today on Monday 19th July and I am spending this week getting all my kit together and making sure I am ready to go. It's a bit like preparing one of those bags when you are pregnant. Now I just need the weather to be good to me and hope for a bit of luck on the day.

1 comment:

  1. good luck - will be following you next week.
    Looking good, don't know how you can train for that long....
    Justin

    ReplyDelete