Thursday 29 July 2010

And finally Thanks



Me at Varne Ridge, with the Union Jack flying following my successfuly swim. The Brazilian flag is for Fast Eddie another guy who swam this week.


Swimming the Channel doesn't take just one person, it takes a whole team of people and so I want to thank everyone who has helped me to achieve my dream. In no particular order

Don - my training partner
Rob - who got me and Don into channel swimming
My mum and dad who taught me to swim.
Joanna - for being my sister
Andrea, my girlfriend - for all her support over the last 18 months
All the coaches at Spencer Swim Team
Freda, Barry, Irene, Louise, Michelle, Emma, Magda, Helen and all the other shingle stompers at Dover harbour.
Neil Streeter and Adrian from Suva
Mike and Angela Oram from the CS&PF
All the swimmers from Dover harbour
Gill from Walton and Weybridge Physio - who kept my shoulders working
Sophie from Manaia massage who did wonders on me the last couple of weeks
Everyone who has sponsored me and helped raise money for the Douglas Macmillan hospice in Stoke-on-Trent

2 comments:

  1. Well done mate. Enjoyed looking at the blog and the photos. Dowie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice write up
    congratulations on your swim
    superb time, will add a link on my blog if thats ok
    best wishes
    Mark
    http://bit.ly/markswim

    ReplyDelete